Do you want to make quick progress with your Romanian? Do you want to understand and be able to use all aspects of grammar and vocabulary? I would be very glad to help you and make learning this language enjoyable for you.
My name is Camelia and I am a native Romanian speaker, currently living in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
I have a creative mind and one of my strongest attributes is my determination to learn and undertake new challenges. l love exploring different cultures - in particular I have spent a significant amount of time learning about the Japanese culture, but I do consider that each culture has its own charm. My passion for foreign cultures is one of the main reasons I love to teach! I believe in the unconditional value of human life and I find I often have an affinity with people who appreciate nature and simplicity. My hobbies include writing, cooking, reading, traveling, and photography.
My lessons are interactive and engaging. I will coach and support you every step of the way to ensure you become fully competent and confident to communicate in Romanian, English or Japanese. I am happy to teach you in a way that suits you.
A typical lesson with me will involve lots of conversation, engaging activities to expand your vocabulary as well as useful techniques to improve your understanding of grammar. I would be delighted to create lessons specifically for you based on your current level and to help you achieve your aspirations. My lessons are supportive, fun, friendly and motivating, and I can incorporate all four aspects of language learning (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
Qualifications & Experience
• As an alumnus in Babes-Bolyai University I achieved a degree in Foreign Languages, Literatures and Linguistics (Japanese Language & Literature, English Language & Literature, Romanian Language & Literature, General Linguistics, Writing Techniques Seminars).
• After teaching English as a Second Language as a volunteer, I decided to become a language tutor.
• I have teaching experience, in the last 2 years offering over 1000 Romanian, Japanese and English lessons to foreigners from all over the world, both online and in-person, so I have been exposed to a multicultural environment that has helped me to develop effective and interactive teaching techniques at the same time suitable for everyone.
•Besides being a dedicated teacher, I can give you insights into Romanian and Japanese culture and teach you idiomatic expressions that will make you sound more natural and native-like.
• 1st prize for Essay and Video Contest in Japanese (Organised by Gakkuin University - Sapporo, Japan)
• Special prize for essay in Japanese. (5,141 entries from 54 countries were submitted)
" Japanese Language Proficiency Competition " aimed at "Japanese Language Students in the World"
Organizer: International Exchange Institute. Sponsorship: The Japan Foundation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education, Asahi Shimbun - Tokyo, Japan.
• 1st prize for several national Romanian Language and Literature competitions (poetry, essays, short stories).