I have a total of 1-2 years of experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL). I believe in a balanced teaching approach, mixing fun with solid language knowledge. I love people in general and get along very well with people from all walks of life. Here is a copy of my Resume for additional information about myself and my qualifications. Hope to see you soon!
• English Teacher (ESL)
• Bachelor of Science, Economics
• Social Services
• Corporate Trainer
• Certified Substitute (State of Arizona)
Bachelor of Science - Economics, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ. Graduation: 1996. GPA: 3.58
Professional Experience (in order of relevance)
English as a Second Language Teacher – Lingoda. Various Virtual Locations. October 2016 – Present
• Teach English as a Second Language online to individuals and groups at various English levels (A1 – C2).
Entrepreneur - English/Spanish Translator, Language Teacher, Interpreter. Mesa, AZ. 2009 – 2011
• Translator: Document Translation (Financial/Academic/Government/Business documents)
• Teacher: English (ESL) and Spanish Language Classes; Interpreting Skills and Techniques Class to School District Teachers.
• Interpreter: Work included projects for Public EPA Meetings, Medical appointments, and ASU events.
Business/Financial Consultant – Grupo Valic. Mesa, AZ and Toluca, Mexico. February 2014 – May 2016
• In charge of improving efficiency and effectiveness of all established administrative and financial processes of the company.
• Helped implement significant improvements in the financial structuring of the company, expense projections of construction projects, inventory management, human resources processes.
Mortgage Underwriter/Loan Processor. JPMorgan Chase & Co, Inc., Tempe, AZ. 2011 – 2014
• Mortgage Underwriter: Evaluated mortgage loans ensuring compliance with all Chase internal underwriting guidelines, federal regulations, and all secondary market standards.
• Loan Processor: Process and prepare for closing retail mortgage loans. Consistently score in top 90% percentile amongst Nationwide Chase processors. Selected as peer-auditor for QA submissions.
Sr. Operations Specialist/Sr. Reg. Representative. Charles Schwab, Phoenix, AZ. 1999-2004, 2006- 2009
• Sr. Operations Specialist: Series 9/10 review of international corporate and individual accounts.
• Extensive role in training new-hires in classroom settings.
• Formed part of a team that formulated all account procedures for the newly formed International Operations Department, collaborating with legal counsel, compliance, and sr. management.
• Sr. Registered Representative: Trader of stocks, mutual funds, options (Series 7/63/55). Worked for various departments: International and Domestic Institutional, International Retail.
• Head of New-Hire Training classes (during a 6 month time span).
Direct Support Specialist II. Child and Family Support Services. Tempe, AZ. 2004 – 2005
• Provided individually-tailored support to families and children with special needs.
• Chosen as top 3 employees of the company to provide direct feedback to top-executives.
• Extensive tutoring and academic support including interaction with school teachers to track progress.
Teen Coordinator. Scottsdale-South YMCA. Scottsdale, Arizona. 1997-1999
• Coordination of all academic, recreational, and fund-raising activities. Fund-raised successful trips to Grand Canyon and Disneyland.
• Successful development of innovative tutoring after-school program.
• Teacher: Taught College Prep classes (mostly math) on Salt River Indian Reservation as part of community outreach program.
Tutor. Throughout college tutored extensively in various subjects including ESL, math, and social studies.
Substitute Certificate. Active State of Arizona Substitute Certificate. Expires: 5/21/2022