My name is Bernard and I'm currently doing my masters degree in public policy at the University of Edinburgh. Before that I did a bachelors in political science at the City University of New York.
I've taught/tutored English for over 4 years now and that includes:
1) I have taught high school students (both 1-1 and in groups of 2 and 3) the reading comprehension section of the SAT. I have also tutored middle school students interested in applying to highly selective high schools in NYC in reading comprehension.
2) I have been a teaching assistant for an upper level undergraduate course in communications. I frequently corrected papers and often met with students to work on their grammar and assignments.
3) I have worked as an editor for students in college (school newspaper)
4) I have worked with students who had minor disabilities on their reading and speaking abilities.
4) Finally, I have worked with recent Russian immigrants and their families to improve on their reading, writing and comprehension abilities. My spoken Russian is fluent, though I am not as adept in reading/writing, which allowed me to translate whenever students experienced difficulties.
I look forward to working with you on improving your English!